HOMECOMING INFORMATION

We will be returning to Renton Washington
May 19th 2011.

Our Homecoming Report in the Soos Creek Ward will be
June 12, 2011

Monday, August 2, 2010

Happy 50th Birthday Pie

I did it! I turned 50 years old! Janice and I spent the day together visiting Ruben and we were even brave enough to go out to lunch at a restaurant. We have not ventured into may restaurants by ourselves, the rare times we do go we usually have a translator with us. But a new year and we went solo! The food was okay but after wards we went home and I peeled apples and Janice prepared the other ingredients and we made a tasty Dutch Apple Pie. It turned out great! It is one of my favorite desserts. You can see that I have a coat on in the kitchen. It has been very cold here and with the humidity the cold goes deep. In our house it is a struggle to get it above 64 degrees and that is only in the living room area. We do not heat the kitchen, bathroom, hallway and bedroom. I can only image how cold it would be if we had not weatherstripped around the doors and window and put plastic over the huge glass doors and windows in the front of the house. At least the wind blowing outside now does not create horizontal curtains anymore. But we live in a concrete box and when it gets cold it stays cold and when it gets hot it stays hot. But we don't have the rain coming down on us so that is a wonderful thing!

3 comments:

  1. i agree with jenette! The pie looks outstanding! We hope you had a great bday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brother and Sister Hegerhorst, My name is Scott Cummings and I recently came across your blog. I served my mission in Uruguay in 1997-98. My first area was Rocha, and I spent a fair amount of time in La Paloma (back when it was a branch of a branch). I recognize some names/faces from your blog postings and was wondering if I could ask you some questions about certain individuals. In particular, I am curious about an older sister in one of the pictures you posted of the branch and about "Presidente Grande." Would it be possible for me to send you an email with my questions? If so, could you please let me know by emailing me at the following address: sacummings@gmail.com. I realize you are very busy and I don't want to take up too much of your time so I promise I'll keep it short. Thanks. Best, Scott.

    ReplyDelete