We will be returning to Renton Washington
May 19th 2011.

Our Homecoming Report in the Soos Creek Ward will be
June 12, 2011

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Week 22 in La Paloma

Marta, Ali, Natalia, Alba and Ruben at the Montevideo Temple

Ruben and us outside the Hostal in Montevideo

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Today is our daughter Christina's birthday, she is 25 years old today. We sent her an e-mail wishing her a happy birthday.

Today is Fast Sunday in Church and the spirit was very strong as some of the new members shared their testimonies. We had 36 in attendance in sacrament meeting.

I released the Relief Society Presidency today and sustained a new Presidency. I think the new presidency will do a wonderful job.

Leonardo was ordained an Elder by his father-in-law today.

Leticia and Leonardo have decided to wait until their wedding anniversary in May to go to the temple. I think this is best as it will give time for them both to learn more and to accept the things that they have been taught.

Monday, December 7, 2009

This morning Janice and I got up and went for a long bicycle ride.

Today is preparation day and Elder Walbeck made a Japanese meal for us called Katsudon. It was very delicious and we enjoyed it.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Today's district meetings will be the last one before the changes next week. Some of these missionaries we may never see again.

Elder Jimenez came and did splits with Elder Espinola. He is from Panama and has suffered health problems while on his mission. He is the only member of the church in his family. He was told if he joined the church that he would receive no support from his family. He joined the church and a short time later was called on a mission. He has such a great attitude and Spirit about him.

The Leticia accepted the called to be the Young Women's president in the Branch. We had Leticia and Leonardo and their family over for dinner tonight. We fed them waffles and pancakes. Leonardo loves peanut butter and maple syrup on his waffles and pancakes. He was quickly growing to love the buttermilk syrup that Janice made also. We had a great time and enjoyed their visit.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Today we went over to Ruben Bica's home and helped clean it and organizing it. We could not help singing the song silently to ourselves "count your many blessings". He lives in such a humble home and has such a great attitude and testimony the gospel. He is a great example to all of us. It was nice to be able help him.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Five months ago today we left the United States for Uruguay. In some way the time has flown and in other ways it has been real slow.

Friday, December 11, 2009

This morning we prepared to go up to Montevideo on our temple trip with the five members from the branch. Four are going to the temple for the first time and one will help as an escort for them. Ruben, Ali, Alba, Natalia are all going through for the first time. Marta is helping as an escort. Elder Walbeck, Espinola and Janice and I are going through with them.

When the missionaries moved into the house we discovered that there were termites in the false ceiling in their bedroom so we're going to bug bomb the house as we leave for Montevideo.

We all met at the bus station to go on 4:20 PM bus that goes to Montevideo. Elder Walbeck had told everyone to be there at 3:20 to make sure that everybody got there on time. Everyone was there and we made it to Montevideo and got off at Portones. Janice and I went shopping at Tienda Inglesa while the others got in taxis and went to the Hostal by the Temple.

Everyone was excited to be there. The hostal has all the women sleep in one room and all the men sleep in another room. In the men's room there were four beds and in the women's room there were six beds.

Satuday, December 12, 2009

The exciting day of going to the temple started out different than we had expected. Ruben awoke feeling tired and groggy. He took his blood sugar measurement and it was 38. Which is very low, normal is around 120. He was quickly heading towards the diabetic coma. We gave him orange juice, sugar, candy and bread trying to bring his blood sugar up. He was getting very groggy and non responive to us so we had the front desk call for a Doctor. By the time the Dr. arrived he was feeling a little better and a little more responsive. The Dr. took his vital signs and said he was going to be OK and left. He slowly came back around and was fine the rest of the day. While all this was going on Janice and the other Sisters from the Branch went to the Distribution Center and got the things they would need for the day. We all met back in the Hostal and had breakfast.

While we were getting ready to go the the Temple at 10AM one of our YSA from the Buceo ward came by to tell us the Vichy (Virginia) was getting married at 9AM today and then being seal for eternity at 1:30. It was almost 9AM so we hurried to the Chapel and got to see the wedding but had to leave before we could visit with them.

We made it to the 10AM Temple appointment. Janice was an escort for some of the Sisters. Elder Espinola was Ruben's escort. Elder Walbeck and I got to wait until the 11:30 session. We all went through the session and it was wonderful to see their faces when it was complete.

We all went back to the Hostal for lunch and to clean up our rooms. We called 2 taxi's and waited for them to come but they never showed up so we had to call 2 more. This delay caused us to miss our bus and we had to wait in Tres Cruses (the bus terminal) an extra 2 hours for the next bus to La Paloma. We finally made it to La Paloma about 9:30 PM. It was a long and wonderful day. When we got home we had to clean up after the bug bomb.

1 comment:

  1. Wow you guys did have a busy time in Montevideo. Im glad you guys got to do all those things at the temple. You guys are awesome missionaries.